Workshop of the Australasian Macroeconomics Society (WAMS)
31 July – 1 August 2014
The Australasian Macroeconomics Workshop (AMW) and the Workshop on Macroeconomic Dynamics (WMD) have joined forces to become the Workshop of the Australasian Macroeconomics Society (WAMS).
The inaugural workshop, hosted by the Macroeconomics Research Unit, the Economics Department, the Department of Business Administration and the Melbourne Institute at the University of Melbourne, welcomes submissions in all areas of macroeconomics.
The workshop has 3 principal purposes. First, it is an opportunity for Australasian macroeconomists to share and discuss their results and ideas with each other, to encourage excellence and collaboration in research in macroeconomics in Australasia. Second, by bringing top international researchers here, the workshop aims to help connect researchers here with top people from around the world in a two-way learning process. Third, by bringing together both theoretical and applied researchers, the workshop aims to foster synergies between and across all modern scientific approaches to macroeconomics.
The workshop will run on Thursday 31st July and 1st August 2014 with a dinner on Thursday night.
The plenary speakers for the workshop are:
Submission of Papers
Submissions from any area of macroeconomics are welcome. Submissions begin on 28 February, 2014. The deadline for submission is the 30 April, 2014. Submit completed papers to the following email address: email@example.com
When submitting, please indicate whether or not you would be willing to discuss a paper
Notification of acceptances will take place in the second half of May.
There is no registration fee for this conference, however participants are required to register their attendance for catering organisational purposes. The deadline for registration is June 15, 2014.
If you have any questions regarding registration please contact Brooke Hall on +61 3 8344 7621 firstname.lastname@example.org
We have not reserved any hotel rooms rooms for workshop participants. The Woodward Centre is a short tram ride from central Melbourne (north of the river) and there are many hotels close to Elizabeth Street and Swanston Street which are the two main tram routes.
Possible hotel venues close to the university include:
- Rydges Hotel on Swanston – hotel accommodation, 5 minute walk
- Quest Clocktower – apartment style accommodation, 10 minutes walk
- Downtowner on Lygon – various accommodation options, 5 minute walk
- Quest Carlton on Finlay – apartment style accommodation, 5 minute walk
- Ibis Melbourne Hotel – budget accommodation on the fringe of the CBD, 10 minute walk
- Novotel Melbourne on Collins – central accommodation, 10 minute tram
- The Westin Melbourne – central 5 star accommodation, 10 minute tram
All international visitors will require an official visa to gain entry into Australia. Details on business visas are available at Department of Immigration website.
There are many tourist attractions for delegates either before or after the workshop including:
- Free City Circle Tram and Shuttle Bus
- City tours and historic sites
- Wine tasting in the Yarra Valley or Mornington Peninsula
- The penguin parade on Philip Island
- A day trip down the Great Ocean Road
Details on activities and attractions in and around Melbourne can be found at: